What is Didrex?
Didrex is the trade name for the generic medication Benzphetamine. Similar to Phentermine and Phendimetrazine, Didrex is a sympathomimetic amine that mimics the effects of norepinephrine in the body and stimulates the central nervous system, increasing heart rate and blood pressure and decreasing appetite.
What is the difference between Phentermine and Didrex?
Phentermine 37.5 and Didrex are two different chemicals, but they work in the same manner in the body. Both of these weight loss drugs are anorectics that are used as appetite suppressants to aid weight loss.
What is Didrex Prescribed for?
Didrex is prescribed to people who have a Body Mass Index (BMI) greater than 30 and who have not been able to lose weight by diet and exercise alone. Because the effectiveness of Didrex diminishes after a few weeks, treatment with Didrex is only short-term, typically not exceeding four weeks. Didrex is not able to significantly reduce weight on its own and should be taken in conjunction with a calorie-restricted diet, exercise program and behavior therapy program.
What types of Didrex are available?
There is only one type of Didrex available. Each Didrex tablet contains 50mg of benzphetamine hydrochloride.
Is there any clinical evidence that Didrex is effective for weight loss?
There have been many clinical studies conducted with Didrex (benzphetamine) that have shown it to enhance weight loss effects in obese patients. In a study that compared the results of clinical trials with various prescription weight loss medications, it was found that Didrex (benzphetamine) showed some of the strongest results for weight lost (International Journal of Obesity and Related Metabolic Disorders. 2002 Feb;26(2):262-73).
Didrex Diet Pill Review
- clinical trials with Didrex have shown that it is an effective appetite suppressant that can aid weight loss in obese patients when combined with diet and exericse
- a comparative study of clinical trials conducted with anoretic agents found Didrex to be one of the most effective in this class of weight loss drugs
- may cause serious harmful side-effects
- is habit forming and patients can become physically and psychologically dependent on this medication, and withdrawal effects may occur if it is stopped suddenly after several weeks of continuous use
- only available in one dosage
- purchase of Didrex requires a prescription from your doctor
- cannot be taken for more than a few weeks at a time