What is Tenuate?
Tenuate is the brand name for the prescription weight loss medication Diethylpropion. Similar to other weight loss medications in its class, such as Bontril and Phentermine, Tenuate acts similarly to an amphetamine in the body, raising blood pressure, heart rate and decreasing appetite.
Tenuate is typically prescribed to people who are struggling to lose weight and have been unsuccessful at using traditional means such as diet modification and exercise. Most people prescribed Tenuate have a Body Mass Index (BMI) greater than 30. Tenuate is prescribed for short-term use (a few weeks) only. Tenuate is a psycho-stimulant and has potential for abuse.
What is the difference between Phentermine and Tenuate?
Both Phentermine and Tenuate, which mimic amphetamines, stimulate the central nervous system in the same way and are both effective short-term appetite suppressants used to treat obesity. The difference between Phentermine and Tenuate is their drug composition. Phentermine diet pills contain Phentermine hydrochloride or Phentermine resin and Tenuate diet pills contain Tenuate hydrochloride.
What is Tenuate prescribed for?
Tenuate is prescribed as an appetite suppressant to aid weight loss. Because the effectiveness of Tenuate rapidly decreases after three weeks, Tenuate is typically prescribed for only short-term use.
When combined with a reduced-calorie diet and exercise, Tenuate has been found to aid overweight and obese adults to lose weight by helping to control hunger. Patients taking tenutate should also participate in a behavior modification program that helps them to change their eating patterns so that weight loss will continue following discontinuation of the diet pills.
What types of Tenuate are available?
Tenuate is available in immediate-release tablets that contain 25mg of diethylpropion hydrochloride, which are taken three times daily one hour before meals. Tenuate is also available in controlled-release tablets that contain 75mg of diethylpropion hydrochloride that is taken once daily in mid-morning. The 75mg controlled-release Tenuate diet pills are also sold under the brand names Tenuate Dospan and Tepanil Ten-Tab. Both forms of Tenuate diet pills are only recommended for the short-term treatment of obesity and use should be discontinued after a maximum of four weeks. Buy Phentermine
Tenuate Diet Pill Review
- proven to be an effective appetite suppressant when used by obese patients who also follow a calorie-restricted diet, exercise program and behavior therapy program
- available in either immediate-release (Tenuate) or controlled-release (Tenuate Dospan) tablets to suit individual needs
- may cause serious harmful side-effects
- is habit forming and patients can become physically and psychologically dependent on this medication, and withdrawal effects may occur if it is stopped suddenly after several weeks of continuous use
- purchase of Tenuate and Tenuate Dospan requires a prescription from your doctor
- cannot be taken for more than a few weeks at a time