What is Xenical?
Xenical is the brand name for the generic weight loss medication Orlistat. Xenical, which contains twice the amount of Orlistat than its sister drug Alli, works in the digestive system to block a portion of the fat that is consumed when you eat.
What is the difference between Phentermine and Xenical?
Unlike Phentermine that acts in the brain or central nervous system to suppress appetite, Xenical works in the digestive system to block about one-third of the fat in the food you eat from being digested. Xenical also remains effective for a longer period of time compared to Buy Phentermine, which is only effective for three to four weeks.
What is Xenical prescribed for?
Xenical is typically prescribed to overweight patients with a Body Mass Index (BMI) greater than 30kg/m², however it may also be prescribed to patients with a lower BMI whose body weight poses certain health risks, such as type 2 diabetes. Xenical should be taken in conjunction with a calorie-restricted diet, exercise program and behavior therapy.
What types of Xenical are available?
Xenical is sold in 120mg Orlistat tablets. The over-the-counter version of Xenical is Alli, which is sold in 60mg Orlistat tables.
Is there any clinical evidence that Xenical is effective for weight loss?
There have been a number of clinical trials that have been conducted with Xencial (Orlistat). One such clinical trial found that orlistat “…when individually compared to placebo, are effective in promoting significant weight loss” (Nutrition, Metabolism & Cardiovascular Diseases., 18(5):342-8. Epub 2007 Oct 24.)
Xenical Diet Pill Review
- proven to block some fats in meals from being absorbed in the digestive system and can enhance weight loss when used by obese patients who also follow a calorie-restricted diet, exercise program and behavior therapy program
- has an over-the-counter brand called Alli that is half the dose of Xencial, but does not require a doctor’s prescription
- can be taken long-term
- may cause serious harmful side-effects
- may cause digestive discomfort and unpleasant symptoms
- long-term use my trigger other digestive problems, such as Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD).
- purchase of Xenical (120mg Orlistat tablets) requires a prescription from your doctor